This post may seem a bit out of the ordinary but we wanted to bring in some personalization and other ways to help support healthy living.
Before opening Earth Magick, I was writing on a blog I created called Barefoot and Paleo. The recipes I spent long hours perfecting were some of the best I have ever made so I wanted to come back and share them here.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Cool time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: one pie
- 1 crust from Coconut Mama or gluten free store bought version
- 1 container coconut whipped cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup almond, cashew, oat, or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- large mixing bowl
- hand mixer
- pie dish/pan, greased
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the crust from the recipe above.
- On low, beat the pumpkin, maple syrup, eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the mixture and beat on high until there are no lumps.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for 25 minutes then cover for 20 more minutes. I do not use aluminum foil so I just put a ceramic cover over the pie or just let it bake for the full 45 minutes. The crust will most likely burn where is no pumpkin pie filling if you are using the Coconut Mama's recipe. I just cut it off before serving.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Then refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Trust me, it tastes so much better with this step!
- Serve with coconut whipped cream for the best pumpkin pie ever.